Sunday, December 21, 2008

Swap-bot treasures

A few months ago I disovered Swap-bot.com! What an amazing distraction! It all started out because I wanted to take part in a cross stitch exchange for one of the Yahoo groups I subscribe to. The group uses Swap-bot to manage the exchange. Now I am involved in a number of Australian groups on Swap-bot and have completed a number of swaps with international partners as well.

This past week I have received a number of fantastic pacels in the mail.


The first parcel I received was from Mona (sunshinesuperman) who crammed a mass of ribbons and buttons into a little Christmas stocking and sent it all the way from Kansas!


I was totally gobsmacked as each little treat was extracted from the stocking - so much!

Mona also packed a sachet of Hot Chocolate Mix - yummy. I haven't used it yet as its really not Hot Chocolate weather here in Cairns but I will find an opportunity to sit and enjoy a hot chocolate very soon. Thanks so much Mona.



I received another parcel from Laura in Melbourne. Laura sent me this set of water colour pencils. I have been trying a few new arty/crafty things since I found swap-bot and I discovered that having some drawing kit would be handy.



I have already had a lovely time using these - it was almost like revisting my childhood and have colouring in homework to do!



thanks again Laura (and William and your fur-kids)!






Lastly (but not leastly :) Carol sent me a little package of ribbons and buttons. I always have a use for these for finishing small needlework projects. I already have my eye on two of the buttons to finish a biscornu that I am working on.

Thanks Carol and to you and yours have a great Christmas.

Of course I have also sent things out to others - but do you think I was organised enough to take photos? No! Two biscornu and a package of buttons, ribbons and treats have been dispated to the USA and Canada. Some embroidery fabric has been sent to the UK and I sent a bunch of treats to the Aussie swappers who I have met this past few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment